Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Stop the Presses!

For the first time in two years, I am not hungry. I don’t know if I’m sick or if I have simply satiated my constant cravings…finally. This is not to say that I couldn’t go for, say, the lettuce wraps and tofu pad thai at my favorite thai place. But I’m not dying to go, as is usual. Nor do I salivate at the thought of fat, crinkle cut fries and feta dip. Well, maybe a little, but I don’t want to hop in my car and drive over to the diner.

Some of you might think to yourself, “So what? You’re not hungry. It happens.” You don’t understand. I am ALWAYS hungry. As I have mentioned before, I dream about food. I’m hungry even in sleep. There have only been two times in the past two years when sickness kept me from eating. Wait, three. The third time was when I had all four wisdom teeth removed. Not only was it painful to even think about eating, whatever medicine they had me on (and that was gooood stuff) evaporated any appetite. So, yeah, I’m always hungry.

Maybe this is a new chapter for me. Maybe I will finally be able to pursue hobbies other than cooking and reading cookbooks and food blogs. Maybe I’ll eat meals like, “A cup full of raw veggies with 1/2 a teaspoon of dressing, with a banana.” But contrary to what readers might think, I am not overweight. Sure, my arms jiggle more than I’d like, and you can only see a “2-pack” on my abdomen. Also, my butt isn’t perky. I’m not entirely sure what a perky butt looks like, but I’m positive I don’t have one. Anyways, maybe I will use this lack of appetite as a springboard for a new way of life—one of 200 calorie meals and jogging.

But probably not…

No comments:

Post a Comment