Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Grocery Shopping

First of all, I would like to share the highlight of my day.  I ran out to my car to grab my camera so I could upload some pictures, when I saw him (her?).  A deer standing in my yard.  Staring at me.  So, I crept to my car and got my camera, and SNAP!

120209 Upload 001

I took this with no zoom; he was that close!

Here’s a close-up of Barney (I just deemed that to be his name).

120209 Upload 002

He stayed there for the longest time, just munching away and staring at me.  Then I shut my car door, and that freaked him out, so away Barney went.

I just got back from grocery shopping, and I’m so excited about my purchases.  Vanilla soymilk, vegan BBQ (!), vegan chili, apples, bananas, lara bars, pita and hummus, vegetarian refried beans…

I’m so proud of myself.  Before I went shopping, I sat down and drew up a menu for EVERY meal of EVERY day.  Then I made the shopping list for those meals.  I was in and out of the grocery store in about 30 minutes, a new record.  It also helped me cut down on my spending.  I splurged on sprouted grain bread and organic chili, but that’s nothing to what I could have splurged on (a new car? a le creuset dutch oven?)  Plus, the cashier was super nice.

It’s another vegan hot dog for me tonight.  But tomorrow will bring new and exciting meals.  I’m thinking an egg white scramble burrito…

By the way, my mom is so great.  Even though she’s two hours away, I was able to call her, and she knew exactly where the vegetarian refried beans would be in the grocery store.  I don’t know how she does it, but she always knows.

2 comments:

  1. I have to do the list thing to or I'm known to go crazy at the grocery store! ha. And I feel confident that when I splurge weekly on sprouted grain bread I'm making a good decision....there are so many pieces, it's worth it!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't you learned by NOW that your mother knows EVERYTHING????? It runs in the family.....

    ReplyDelete